Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Random Musings-Part Two

I am back among the blog living, at least I think I am. Could be the blog dead. You never know.

Do you think there are zombie bloggers?

See, already rambling.

Today started better than yesterday (although yesterday ended well) thanks to Random Act of Kindness guy in front of me at Starbuck's this morning. He bought my "breakfast." Told the girl 'he wanted to make someone's day.' Well Mr. RAK, you did! I thank you from the bottom of my caffeine deprived brain and grateful heart.

Last night was critique group. I love critique group, even when I hate it. I have been told that I give good dialog, that I must have been a twenty something guy in a past life, and 'OMG, you need a copy editor!' Yes, I know this. Grammar is my bane, well actually punctuation to be more precise.

I took something new to group last night. The beginning of a new book. I thought it would be fun to mix it up and take a very short hiatus from Wayward (will be back at that one next week). This one is raw and I expected some harsh review. However, while it was critique at it's best, I still got feedback that I was hoping to get. That it was intriguing, it elicited a need to know more, that it piqued curiosity. Yay! Does need work though and I knew it would. The new book is called Sketches and it's a paranormal thriller. I will be returning to it, but I want to get further into revisions of Wayward first.

Okay, I recently met romance author Lizzie T. Leaf for coffee and chat. She brought me swag from a romance writers conference.  Always fun. We got to know each other a little better and she gave me some more fuel towards my consideration of traditional or self pub. I appreciate all the input from my writer friends. I am feeling more comfortable about my writing and my options. I will have Lizzie on here to guest blog soon. She writes romances that are quick, light reads for the times when a sexy, flirty, fun  romp is what you need. Her heros are hunky, heroines beguiling, and humor abounds.

Oh, yeah. Saw the new Spider Man recently. It was my birthday present from my son. It was so much fun. I loved it! I like it better than the others. The cast was awesome and Andrew Garfield made an excellent Peter Parker/Spider Man. Love, love, loved it!

Should I mention I just finished the Fifty Shades trilogy?  Hmmm, I should probably keep my comments to myself. I plead the 5th, because I'm sure someone would use it against me. I'll just put in my vote for the lead parts in the movie--Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev. Already have chemistry,  off camera couple, and no one does Mercurial better than Mr. Somerhalder.

.......I'm going to wrap up here. My randomness is winding down. Caffeine has run through my system--must. get. more......and probably lunch too. Couldn't hurt.

Until next time,
RG






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, you are rambling today, but that's okay i do it too! I hope having Lizzie as a guest boosts your blog followers and don't forget to post your new blog on Facebook and Twitter! Love ya!